Sahi Pro Enables Increased Test Automation Coverage at Fiserv
About Fiserv Inc.
Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ:FISV), one of Fortune World's Most Admired Companies is a global organization with more than 13,000 clients and revenue of $5.3 billion in 2015. The company is highly regarded for its financial services technology and services innovation, including award-winning solutions for mobile and online banking, payments, risk management, data analytics and core account processing. Fiserv is helping its clients push the boundaries of what's possible in financial services, delivering deep expertise and innovative solutions to help financial institutions, businesses and consumers move and manage money faster and with greater ease than ever before.
Fiserv was using QTP to automate some of the applications and most of the web applications were being tested manually. When the size of the applications grew and the regression suites got bigger, it became difficult to manage the suites manually and guarantee the quality of the application. Fiserv decided to increase the automation coverage and started evaluating automation tools. QTP could not be used as it did not support web applications at that time of evaluation. Also, the company wanted to use an open source tool to try on web automation and came to know about Sahi Pro, which used to be an open source tool at that time and was still evolving.
Sahi Pro Web Test Automation tool is being used by Fiserv for applications that are based on ExtJS and Java. The company is automating testing of applications including CorPoint®, iCom®, MatchPoint®. The browsers used by Fiserv include Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome. The overall Test Automation team at Fiserv includes 6 associates who are working on the automation of various products of the company.
Sahi Pro Web Test Automation tool proved to be efficient and beneficial for Fiserv because of the following reasons:
- Earlier it was free of cost and even now, the cost is quite reasonable for the software and the included support services
- It has an ability to run on all browsers used by the company
- Sahi supports programming constructs which makes it a smart tool
- It’s an easy to learn tool and one can gain expertise on it with little or no knowledge of basic programming skills
- Relative API’s make it a distinct product in comparison with its competitors
- The record and playback mechanism is quite robust
- Its ability to get integrated with other applications like SQL, Excel, etc. makes things easier
- Excellent support, responsiveness and dedication from the team
- Reduction in the manual test efforts by 80% and helping increase the automation coverage to the entire product suite.
About Tyto Software (Creators of Sahi)
Sahi Pro, the flagship product of Tyto Software, with its simplicity and power, increases the efficiency and productivity of Quality Assurance and Testing teams in their web test automation process. Its features like good recorder, automatic waits, inbuilt frameworks, and automatic reporting reduces the team’s technical expertise required, ensuring faster delivery cycles, especially in agile environments.
Headquartered in Bangalore, India, Tyto Software has helped more than 400 enterprise customers across diverse industry verticals including Banking and Financial Services, Healthcare, IT Services, IT Products, Retail, Media & Entertainment, Telecom and Government.